The Never Never™ Bed is a comfortable, durable, practical and stylish bed, designed to address the specific needs of any traveler on the go.
It was inspired by and initially designed for the Subaru Outback®, a vehicle that is tremendously popular with outdoor enthusiasts, like us.
If you are looking for a fitted Subaru Outback bed... we have just the product for you.
The Outback was also a great choice because it offers well over six feet in length of flat surface (when rear seats are down). This allows a tall person plenty of room to stretch out and get a decent night's sleep upon reaching a remote destination.
- Comfort - the 3" pad is a hybrid of a 2" extra-firm, closed-cell foam topped with a 1" layer of soft memory-gel foam. This combination provides the perfect balance of firmness and conformance to body shape while still being compact enough to be easily rolled up and stored. The main section of the top cover is Pendleton® wool fabric.
- Durability - the underside of the Never Never Bed cover, which is also the exposed side when the bed is stored, is a highly water-resistant oxford nylon fabric. The foot of the bed is made with an extra-strength, water-resistant, 1000 denier Cordura® nylon with excellent resistance to fading and abrasion. The top cover has a full length YKK marine zipper that allows it to be removed from the foam for cleaning.
- Convenience - Two, 3" wide, polypropylene, webbing straps with hook and loop fasteners are attached to the underside, making it easy to roll up the entire bed and fasten it in a roll for transport and storage.
- Fitted for the vehicle- The Never Never Bed is designed to fit any 5th generation (2010-2014) or 6th generation (2015-present) Outback. We are actively investigating compatibility with and variations for other popular models.
- Quality - We utilize top quality materials such as Pendleton wool and Cordura nylon. We proudly attach a top-grain leather patch, hot-stamped with the Never Never Gear logo.
- Local sourcing - As avid outdoor enthusiasts in the Pacific Northwest, we value the use of proven local materials and workmanship. Pendleton Woolen Mills has been producing top quality fabric products since 1989. We use premium USA tanned Hermann Oak® vegetable-tanned leather. We plan to manufacture every bed, coaster and keychain right here in Portland, Oregon, USA where we know the people and process and can personally monitor production quality.
Here is a video showing how easily the never Never Bed is to setup and stow:
- Dimensions laid out and relaxed: 74" length x 54" maximum width x 3" thickness
- Dimensions rolled up for storage: 14" diameter x 54" width
- Weight: approximately 20 lbs.